Monday, September 17, 2012

I forgot about the cat

As I was writing my last post about the mouse I realized that I never wrote about the cat...

it is another very sad story.

It was the weekend before the 4th of July in 2011. I had gone down to Preston with my lovely roommate Elle and her then...for lack of a more accurate word "boyfriend" to meet her family and spend the weekend at her grandma's house and float down a river. It was a very fun weekend. I'm sorry I never told you about it when it happened and I really am not going to tell you about it now. I'm only giving you a little back ground of the events leading up to the real reason I am writing this post.

We were on our way home. Elle's man friend was driving and Elle had made a comment around the lines of "how fast can your truck go" it was when we hit 90 that we saw a cop going the other way. He slowed down and made a comment "well there's nothing he can do" (there was a concrete barrier down the middle of the highway separating the lanes) About 5-7 minutes later we see lights behind us. We might've been alright if the truck we were riding in hadn't been a bright and might I add uncommonly electric blue color. Once that line of vision is broken it's pretty hard for a cop to prove it was really you speeding, but the cop had indeed radioed a cop on our side of the barrier and told them our speed. It was he that was now tailing us. He pulled us over and the cop that had spotted us in the first place was on his way to us at that moment. We sat there waiting and as we sat I noticed this tiny black kitten come out from the median.

I instantly knew the fate of that little kitten. I was amazed to see that he was in the median in the first place because he would've had to cross the other lanes of traffic to get there. The speed limit was 65...I knew that little kitten couldn't defy the odds twice. I willed the little kitten to go back. "No little kitten, don't cross the road" It was too late. He ventured out into the lane closest to him. A truck was coming. "please don't hit him" The kitten was between the trucks wheels so he was safe...for now. "go back little kitten go back" The next car clipped the kitten. The kitten squirmed and I wanted to cry. The next car put him out of his misery. I don't know why I've been cursed with this whole wrong place wrong time kind of life, but I'm tired of seeing poor little animals die. It's sad. :(

No comments: