Monday, May 3, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Cow

So hello there again! I know, I know, you didn't really expect another post so soon, but I feel the need to write something today and I have to kill an hour and a half so I choose to do it here. So this morning I woke up at 5:55am in order to go to seminary. If you read last night's/this morning's post you already know that I didn't get to bed until about 3ish and so I was definately a little bit exhausted this morning. We barely made it to seminary alive this morning (kept nodding off at the wheel)and seminary was uneventful, we had a cool teacher today and I had little control over my neck apparently seeing as how it was really hard to hold up my giant head. Then I came home and immediately fell asleep on my sister's bed (its the most comfortable in the house) I know what you're thinking "this story is REALLY good, I hope this hilarity continues" Well I would just like to point out that I am a TERRIBLE story teller. I don't even know why I have a blog. It could be that I wish I could achieve the fame that Julie did in Julie & Julia(LOVE THAT MOVIE!)or it could also be the fact that I feel slightly more important in the world when I have my very own blog that has the potential to arouse the curiousity of people all over the world (if my story telling does not improve however we can probably rule out both of those) If you know who Nick Swardson is and have heard his stand up there is this one called "had to be there" and that pretty much sums up the story of my life. I'll try and post it, but i'm not quite sure how so don't get your hopes up or anything. So I went off to work at 10. For those of you who don't know I am the Chick-Fil-A cow! In all seriousness that is my actual job. I don't even work at the counter or anything anymore I am solely the cow. I know what you're thinking "that sucks! It's like a thousand degrees in that suit and in the summer it's even hotter!" well you're only a third correct. It is a thousand degrees in there and in the summer it nears a billion degress however I LOVE BEING THE COW! I love handing out balloons to little children, I love dancing like an idiot and not have anyone know that it's me, I love listening to the kids tell me EVERYTHING about their parent's personal lives and all the dirty secrets that you don't want anyone to know but your kid just can't help but tell the world. I just think it is so fun. I don't have to deal with rude customers and when I get too hot I can go sit in the freezer for a bit. I literally get paid to be a little kid (which happens to be easy for me since I can't seem to grow up) I have to go back to work at 5 tonight and be the cow again for another three hours. The split shifts kind of ruin my day but it's kind of worth it on the weekdays. It's not like I ever do anything anyway. Today I had to stay in the back for about an hour because this one little girl would start screaming her head off if she even caught a glimpse of me. That was great...I got paid to sit down it was pretty dang exciting! Little kids are often freaked out by the cow (I don't really blame them..he is kinda huge) but other kids won't leave me the heck alone. I made a new best friend the other day (sorry Sophie) she is 4 and her name is Avery. I know that because she told me a thousand times. She also climbed on my lap and just sat there (I'm not supposed to pick kids up so I couldn't even like lift her off...so i just had to sit there while she kept poking me in the eye and sticking her fingers up the cow's nose) My PS3 didn't come today. I'm sorely disappointed. Well I gotta go get ready to be the cow again. YAY FUN!

No comments: