Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Date Weekend

Hello Everyone. I would like to introduce a friend of mine. His name is Trevor. Say hello to Trevor.

(Did I creep his facebook and steal this picture?...yes. yes I did)

I met Trevor here at school. He is my FHE brother and well. He is one cool dude. I saw a lot of Trevor this past weekend. Let me tell you the story.
I thought Trevor was pretty neat from the get go so I decided to ask him on a date to get to know him better. I asked him out for Friday to which he accepted and we drove out to the middle of nowhere with our two friends Austin and his lovely date Chelsea. We built a campfire and roasted hot dogs and drank sparkling cider as the sun set. We chased a bird, gathered firewood from a crater and overall just had a good time talking and goofing around. Well it turned out Trevor had tickets to go see the Bar-J Wranglers and he was short a date. I had never heard of them before, but Trevor asked me to accompany him and I answered in the affirmative. So we headed off to Jackson Hole and saw the sights and took fun pictures and everything (See Below)

Finally it came time for the show and we headed over to the Bar J Chuck wagon. Let me tell you, the place alone is super neat. It is decorated very well! I loved it right away. We got our dinner Chuck Wagon style and boy was it DELICIOUS! Then. The show. Started. UH-MAZE-ING. It was HILARIOUS. I laughed. I cried. I was like a little kid on Christmas morning. I. Was. Blown. Away. Here is a little taste of what I got to listen to. (The yodeling was my favorite and of course I already love the song the Auctioneer so this was definitely my favorite part of the show)



The man doing the yodeling's name was Bryan Humphrey (HA I didn't remember that. I got it off the website) He was too legit to quit. He sorta looks like Tim Curry to me so that could be a big part of it. He does this bit where he dresses up like a woman and plays the part of his own mother.

He tells the following story (and better than this guy too)




So over all the weekend was GREAT! I got to know a little more about Trevor and I've adopted a new tradition. I am going to go to the Bar J Wranglers EVERY YEAR! It's decided :)














No comments: