Saturday, January 1, 2011

Destination: College!

I would first off like to tell everyone who already read my last post (or hasn't read it at all) to go back and read at the bottom, I had to add something I forgot and I think it'll make you smile.

So I don't know if everyone knows this, but I graduated last January (a semester before the rest of my class) I don't bring that up to brag, because I certainly didn't get to graduate early based on smarts. In reality I just happend to only need 3 more credits after my Junior year to graduate and so I took the second semester of the neccesary English credit during the summer and I was able to graduate a semester early. I bring this up because as some of you may not know I start my first semester of College in a couple of days. Why did I wait an entire year to start college you ask? Well let me tell you, I didn't choose to start school so late. In fact I'm probably half stupid by now because it's been an entire year that I've been out of school. I got accepted to BYU-I which I expect to be super fun and I'm really excited for it. In all reality I've been really ecstatic about it since Septemeber when all of my friends left me alone in Leander while they all went off to school and forgot about me. It's basically been torture to be home while all my friends were gone and not being able to talk about my wonderful college experience because for me there wasn't one. You see, BYU-I is on a three track system. The tracks are fall/winter, winter/spring, and fall/spring. I of course being the unlucky person that I am was selected for the winter/spring track. Oh good, not only do I have to wait a semester to go to school, but I also get to go to school during the coldest time of the year in Idaho. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is a reason I had to wait. Maybe I'll find that my future husband is on the same track, or maybe some other meaningful thing will happen, but in the moment it's hard to think of that greater purpose when everyone but me is off having the time of their life. Looking back on the past few months I guess I have been blessed. I was able to save some money so that I could actually afford to go to school. If I'd had to go in the fall I wouldn't have had enough money for sure. I was able to become better friends with my new best buddy Chris Gross. I was able to meet some of the ladies in Relief society that are super cool. I was also able to get a puppy. Alright...well as I think of those things...I guess I'm actually super happy to be on the track that I am on. I would like to revoke all of the negative things I said about winter/spring track.......On another note...I start school on Jan. 5th and I'm really excited about it!

I liken going off to college to going off to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

1.You get a letter of acceptance (unfortunately mine came by way of email and not owl).
2.You get a list of books that you need (granted none of mine are by Gilderoy Lockhart nor are any of them titled "BYU-I a history")
3.You get roomates (all of mine look pretty rad although we have an apartment and not our own tower)
4. You get to learn all kinds of new things (Chemistry is really just a fancy name for potions, Humanities?... or Muggle studies?!?)
5. There is a headmaster (alright, alright "Dean")
6. It's the best time of your life! (The party before you have to buckle down and work at the MoM or Dell or whatever you choose!)

So needless to say (a 5th time) I'M SO EXCITED!
I've already found out who my roomates are going to be. I know where I'm living. I got a bunch of college stuff for Christmas. I get to bring my car. I've decided I want to major in Graphic Design and I'm on my way there. I've got friends who will be up there as well. I'm excited to meet new people. I'm JUST READY!

No comments: